This is an original early 19th century 89th Regiment of Foot 13mm cuff button. The button design features the raised number "89" in the center. This 13mm button has the pewter front and an applied brass shank. The shank is missing in action. This is the uniform button of the 89th Regiment of Foot, the Royal Irish Fusiliers. There is a raised "89” in the center with a fine raised line around it that ends at the top where a dot is. This button is made of metal and measures 13mm in diameter. The second battalion of this regiment arrived at Quebec in August 1814. The Light Company of the first battalion were involved at Longwood and Black Rock. The 89th were also engaged at Lundy’s Lane, Chrystler’s Farm, and the assault on Fort Erie. The regiment was authorized to carry "Niagara” on its colours. After the war, the regiment returned home and disbanded in November 1816. This is a nice looking cuff button!